Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Profit before People

Well, this is my first post of many.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is the Suit Slayer or Ms Slayer to those in authority!

I have started this Blog because I have had enough of living where I am - I've been here since 1979, that's 27 years out of 30 and I've seen many changes and not one of them is for the better. I have informed the council of the nasty little parasites that live in my area and the ASBU (Anti Social behavior Unit) are coming to see me tomorrow. I intend to keep everyone up to date via this blog!


Back to my area!

At this moment, my area (Picton, which is actually Wavertree but the bit that is under the Bridge going toward Kenny) comes under the 'path finder' scheme, which is basically a form of social cleansing - strong words I know but it's true - this is what happens:

  • Liverpool becomes the Capital of Culture for 2008
  • Vast areas of social housing and homes owned by the working class just on the outskirts of the prestigious city centre are deemed unfit for human habitat - these are 1900ad Victorian terraced streets, built to a standard not seen today (beautiful, imaginative, large sculptured properties)
  • Registered Social Landlords and the Council brick up their properties when a tenant moves out instead of re letting or selling it on the private market.
  • The owner occupiers are then offered a pittance for their property - this is because their area is now a dumping ground, full of boarded up properties, drug addicts, thieves, anti social parasites etc.
  • If they refuse, the Council gains a CPO (Compulsory Purchase Order) to force them out of their homes all the time claiming no one wants to live there and there is a 'Market Collapse'
  • The land is stolen from the working class and handed over to developers who then cram as many flats (under the guise of 'luxury apartments') as possible on the site and sell them for quadruple what the Council paid for that patch of land.
  • No more social housing is built and the area has been 'socially cleansed', allowing yuppies to take over.

    Check these pictures out to see what I mean:

    This is Edge Lane where they intend to widen the road by a couple of feet (if that) and to do that, all of these houses, those behind either side and those on Wavertree Road all need to be demolished. They will be replacing these beautiful houses with flats.
This is the Queens Road area of Bootle which has now been renamed 'The Gateway into the City' - to create their gateway, they need to knock these magnificent houses down and you guessed it, build some flats! This is Garston Under the Bridge - these houses are situated on the docks - the very same docks where 'luxury apartments' are springing up everywhere! Not much to look at but this area had a very strong community - something that is no longer wanted.

And finally Norris Green - we were promised new build social housing but now, since COC they can't afford it so the land will no doubt be given to a private developer who will only build private homes for sale - there is no profit in social housing!

I'll be covering more on this issue at a later date because I have lots of evidence to prove that the council and Registered Social Landlords (RSL's) are deliberately running areas down so that they can demolish and make a profit and it is scandalous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home