Thursday, August 24, 2006

Anti Social behaviour Unit

Today I was visited by the ASBU and someone from Liverpool City Council. I have been keeping log numbers for 2 years now and, after suffering a nervous breakdown and ending up on medication I decided to start taking direct action.

The ASBU Enforcement Officer told me he drove down my street last night at around 7.30 and it was nice and quiet. This is because the little darlings don't congregate until at least 9pm and they then start causing havoc right the way up until 11.30pm.

What was promised?

A letter is to be sent out to all residents explaining what to do and who to contact if they feel harassed, intimidated by or witness Anti Social Behaviour. The youths causing the trouble all live in this road and their parents are turning a blind eye to it - hopefully, this letter will make them think twice before dumping their offspring in the street.

The ASBU enforcement Officer is also going to speak directly to the 2 families that are causing the most problems - mainly using a Japanese Akita to intimidate us. The police have told the owner on 3 occasions to stop allowing children to walk the dog as they tell it to fetch and it has already bitten a child. If they are seen with the dog by the ASBU EO, he will have it taken away and put down - I don't think this is fair being a dog owner myself but at the end of the day, someone is going to get seriously injured by this animal - it is a pitty it can't be rehomed though..

This is the first step - they reckon it will go quiet for a month or 2 then start up again hence me starting this Blog.

How do I feel about this?

Well, after trying to get help from various sources over 2 years and basically hitting a brick wall I feel a little more optimistic this time. I had tried my 3 Housing Officers (it is a very quick turnover!), my housing manager the police and 2 local councillors and all that happened was a sign being put up saying 'all ball games prohibited'.
'Shame may restrain what law does not prohibit. — Seneca (4 BC-65 AD)' The parents around here have no shame that is for sure. It is funny though how when walking down the street they feel the need to keep their heads down, usually texting someone on their phone - all so they don't have to look their neighbours in the eye!!

1 Comments:

At 9:52 pm, Blogger Poison-Dwarf said...

Hi, I can really empathise with you on this.
I live in North Yorkshire and the specific area I live in has a problem with anti-social behaviour.
I'd really appreciate you taking a look at my blog, we have had some crap to put up with too.
http://antisocialwatch.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home