Sunday, September 17, 2006

ASB Update 7

A neighbour had to call the police out again today because of the regular gang that lives in the street. They were using tennis rackets to whack stones and gravel out of an elderly residents front all over the street. It was hitting houses, windows, cars, people etc - the damn stuff was flying everywhere. As soon as the police sent a patrol down they donned their hoodies to avoid identification - pity they were all wearing very distinctive football kits!

It's quiet tonight - it's raining slightly and there is school tomorrow - I have to take my son in tomorrow to see his head mistress. Everyone I have spoken to has said that I should demand that his tormentor be expelled - the police said with juveniles it should be 3 strikes and you're out. He probably won't be expelled as the council doesn't like it - what happens instead is that the parents are told to find another school before they are expelled - knowing expulsion will go on a permanent record they usually switch schools.

All I know is my son has spent the weekend holding onto his stomach. He is getting spasms and his face contorts with worry. I am always positive when my children are around and I have always taught them that these things happen and we must learn to deal with them, learn from them and inevitably we become better people - we just have to be strong. Inside, it is killing me but he won't see that - if I am strong willed then he will be too and this is just another hurdle we have to jump over..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home