Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's all been rather quiet

It has been rather quiet these last few days - there have been no gangs and as far as I am aware, the police haven't been called in a day or so.. My brother said it's like the ASBO fairy came down and waved his magic wand :)

I'm not optimistic however, it will start up again - just when you think you can relax they start up again.

I am pushing very strongly to be rehoused now - my housing officer has a legal obligation to rehouse me and their excuse that they have no properties in the areas I want really doesn't wash anymore. I can be nominated to another association, I have enough evidence to prove that my family's health is seriously suffering so I cannot and will not be ignored or forgotten any longer. I have spoken to my husband and he has agreed to help me stage a sit in at my housing associations head office on the Strand! He has acute agoraphobia so it goes to show how desperate we both are to get out of here!

I haven't mentioned before but some of you will be asking why I don't go private - I have heard far too many horror stories and seen too many people made homeless with just a month to find alternative accommodation. With the council and RSL's knocking family properties down in favour of flats, no one has anywhere to go and they end up in hostels.

One woman I helped had been so desperate to move she signed a private landlords tenancy without really looking at the small print. He turned up one day with a list of urgent and major repairs that needed doing on the property - it turned out that the tenancy had made her liable for every repair. The landlord had also been letting himself in to her property and helped himself to her CD collection. She is now in a RSL property and is very happy.

I am registered with Berrybridge (riverside subsidiary) and the majority of their 3 bedroomed houses are going to over 25's with no children - with the current housing crisis this is so wrong! Even still, I have a 5 year wait before being offered anything - they don't do a points system and they don't recognise medical grounds - these were council properties once and we would have stood a very strong chance of getting one - not any more!

I am also with property pool and the only properties I am allowed to bid on each week are in Anfield and Walton which are by far amongst the worst and most deprived areas in Liverpool. The turn over rate on these properties is astounding!

I am also on the HOMES register which is a national database for council and RSL tenants who want to exchange. The only people who want to exchange with me are from Norris Green where kids are being shot at - no thanks - been there, done that!

So, we have to sit and wait. Our kids haven't been outside alone since January 2005, my husband has become severely agoraphobic and I have had several nervous breakdowns - I fear I will end up being sectioned one of these days......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home