Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's still quiet

It is still quiet - we still have about 15 kids in the street but they are playing normal kids games like tick, riding bikes, chatting etc.. They are not damaging property or distressing residents.

We have noticed a pattern to the more serious incidents of anti social behaviour - It all kicks off when just one lad comes down from Anfield to visit his absent father. When he is down, the older kids in the street follow him around up until 11pm and the police get called constantly. At this minute, he is down and history tells us there will be trouble so I'm not relaxing just yet!

I will have to type up a letter to the ASB Unit to give them an update on all of the log numbers. I have been reluctant because it is going to mean a dog being confiscated and destroyed. I didn't want that on my conscience but it has been pointed out to me that neither would I want someone's serious injury from this dog on my conscience if I did nothing - it isn't the dogs fault though - it is the owners for not keeping it under control. I think the clincher though is him just standing there while his grandson told the dog to fetch a passer by - someone he didn't even know - I know because I know the lad the dog was set upon - that is what frightens me, who will it be next time AND if he can do this in front of his grandad, what is he capable of behind his back?

On another note: 'How much does it cost to send kids to school?'

Bus fares: £13 (2 kids, 5 days, 65p each fare)
Break money for 2 seniors: £10 (£1 each per day so they can get a drink and a biscuit)
Packed lunch for 3: £20 (they are all entitled to free school meals but said they were so disgusting they couldn't eat them - we're talking sh!te here, twizzlers, nuggets, pizza, chips etc)
Tuck money for junior: £1 (20p per day)
Compulsory set DONATION to senior's school funds: £10

Total this week: £54

Running total: £142.40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home